2023年11月4日土曜日

WOMAN GOES BLIND AFTER DERMAL FILLER AESTHETIC TREATMENT; FIRST REPORTED CASE IN SINGAPORE COUNTRY

WOMAN GOES BLIND AFTER DERMAL FILLER AESTHETIC TREATMENT; FIRST REPORTED CASE IN SINGAPORE COUNTRY

@Jackie San


SINGAPORE - In the first such case of its kind in Singapore, a woman went blind in July after she was administered a dermal filler that temporarily reduces wrinkles and folds in the skin.


She was injected with the dermal filler AestheFill at a clinic in Redhill.


Parvus, the Singapore distributor of AestheFill, confirmed the incident and said it was in direct contact with all concerned parties and “working diligently to understand the circumstances” surrounding it.


The Health Sciences Authority (HSA), which regulates health products, told The Straits Times that it is investigating whether there were batch-related defects that could have affected product safety and quality. AestheFill was registered for use in Singapore in October 2021.


An HSA spokesman said that on July 29, Parvus reported an incident of blood vessel occlusion – or blockage – leading to blindness after the administration of AestheFill.


“Locally, this is the first adverse event report for blindness resulting from dermal fillers,” she said.


HSA classifies dermal fillers as Class D medical devices, which carry the highest risk, she added. 


Companies are required to report such adverse events to HSA within 10 days.


ST’s repeated attempts to contact the doctor who carried out the procedure were unsuccessful.


His clinic’s website and social media page point to his proficiency in the domain. He is a certified trainer in AestheFill injections.


Parvus general manager Brendan Pang told ST that only qualified healthcare professionals can administer AestheFill.


Since receiving approval from HSA on Oct 1, 2021, it has been widely used by aesthetic practitioners in Singapore, said Mr Pang.


“It is an internationally recognised filler for aesthetic treatments. As with any medical procedure, there are inherent risks, which are fully communicated to patients by the trained medical doctors prior to treatment,” he added.


“Our company continuously invests in training programmes focused on injection anatomy and technique upgrades to ensure optimal patient outcomes.”


Sources with knowledge of the incident described the patient as young and married.


She apparently suffered sudden blindness after she was injected with AestheFill at the clinic. It is understood to have affected both her eyes.


The HSA spokesman said, however, that there has been no noticeable increase in reports of adverse events for aesthetic implants such as dermal fillers in Singapore.

>>>MORE ARTICLE JUST CLICK HERE<<<

https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2023/05/still-no-communications-with-singapore.html

https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2023/06/singapore-hangs-prisoner-over-1-kg-of.html

https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2023/08/cooking-gas-explosion-kills-about-31.html

https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2023/08/boy-17-years-old-charged-with.html



@Jackie San

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Featured post

Okinawa Karate Kaikan

   https://youtu.be/cthx_E9-uq8?si=p_VF4W_MoVyi_NDD >>> MORE VIDEO JUST CLICK AND WATCH HERE <<<