https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDPcxheJ-YU
>>>MORE VIDEO JUST CLICK HERE<<<
Education, Health Life Style, Make Money, Science Technology, Sport, Travel, Gosip, Entertainment, Politics And Hot Issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDPcxheJ-YU
>>>MORE VIDEO JUST CLICK HERE<<<
PAST RIGHTS ABUSES IN INDONESIA, JOKOWI SAYS REGRETS
JAKARTA, INDONESIA (JANUARY 11, 2023) :Indonesian President Joko Widodon on Wednesday expressed regret over mass human rights violations committed in the country's past, including a violence anti-communist purge in the 1960s and the disappearance of student protesters in the late 1990s.
More than half a million leftists were massacred across the Southeast Asian nation in the mid-1960s, a bloody spectacle that ushered in the long rule of dictator Suharto, whose fervent anti-communist stance remains decades on.
The killing led to the collapse of the now-banned Indonesian Communist Party (PKI), once among the biggest in the world behind those of China and the Soviet Union.
"With a clear mind and a sincere heart, I as the leader of this country, admit that gross human rights violations have happened in several incidents and I regret they happened very much," Widodo said in a speech at the state palace in the capital Jakarta.
" I have sympathy and empathy for the victims and their families."
He said the government was trying to "rehabilitate" the victims' rights "without negating the judicial resolution," without specifying how it would do that.
The president also mentioned the murder and abduction of dozens of student protesters and activists during mass street rallies in 1998 that brought down the three-decade dictatorship of Suharto.
The Indonesian leader went on to list 10 other violations that took place between the 1960s and the early 2000s before he rose to power, based on the findings of a commission he ordered to investigate the violations last year 2022.
He acknowledged rights abuses in the restive easternmost province of Papua, including a 2003 army and police operation that left dozens of civilians dead and where officers were accused of murder, torture and abduction.
Papua has been the scene of a decades-old rebel insurgency aimed at gaining independence from Indonesia after it took control of the former Dutch colony in the 1960s.
Human rights groups said Widodo's expression of regret, like several other Indonesian leaders before him, did not go far enough.
" The recognition is not enough. It should not have been only regret, but also apology," Usman Hamid, director of Amnesty International Indonesia told AFP, adding the government should resolve the rights abuses through the courts.
>>>READ MORE ARTICLE HERE<<<
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/10/police-chief-and-others-removed-over.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/10/indonesia-soccer-body-bans-2-club.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/10/internal-watchdog-faults-police-use-of.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/10/football-tragedy-family-of-victim.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/10/recalls-two-more-mie-sedaap-products.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/11/indonesians-march-for-justice-after.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/12/indonesians-jailed-for-tortute-in-oil.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/12/two-indonesian-soldiers-get-7-months.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/12/2-calves-of-endangered-javan-rhinos.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2023/01/indonesia-will-formally-chair-asean.html
@Jackie San
https://youtu.be/7Fi0ubyeWcA
>>>MORE VIDEO JUST CLICK HERE<<<
JAPAN AND UNITED STATES TALK ON UPDATING ALLIANCE AS CHINA WORRIES GROW
WASHINGTON, JANUARY 12, 2023 : The United States on Wednesday, January 11, 2023 held talks on ways to "MODERNISE" its alliance with Japan, which plans to ramp up its defenses in the face of a rising China and tensions over Taiwan and North Korea.
The Japanese foreign and defense ministers were in Washington for talks with their counterparts two days before a visit by Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, who is touring Group of Seven nations to kick off Japan's leadership this year of the elite club of industrial democracies.
The ministers "ARE GOING TO LAY OUT A VISION OF HOW A MODERNISED ALLIANCE BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES AND JAPAN IS POSITIONED TO PREVAIL IN THIS NEW ERA OF STRATEGIC COMPETITION," a senior United States official said, in an allusion to the rise of China.
The talks are expected to finalise a plan by the United States to send a so-called Marine Littoral Regiment, a more agile unit that can boost defenses both by sea and air, to Okinawa, the southern Japanese island strategically close to Taiwan.
Okinawa, under US control until 1972, is home to more than half of the 50,000 US troops in Japan, whose leaders for decades have spoken of easing the burden on a local population often resentful of the bases.
But Japan's calculus has shifted with the growing assertiveness of China under President Xi Jinping. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who will take part in Wednesday's talks, has previously warned that China has moved up its timeline for considering seizing Taiwan by force.
Last month Japan revamped its defense policy as it warned that China, with which it has a fraught history, posed the "GREATEST SECURITY CHALLENGE EVER" to its security.
Kishida's government said Japan would increase defen e spending by 2027 to two per cent of GDP, in line with a separate goal by Nato nations, whose security concerns have also spiked due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
The moves, which polling shows are largely backed by the public, mark the latest shift by Japan which has been officially pacifist since its defeat in World War II, when US occupiers constitutionally stripped the country of the right to wage war.
UNITED STATES ASSISTING ' COUNTERSTRIKE ' ABILITY
Japan will also seek to build a "COUNTERSTRIKE CAPACITY" - being able to hit launch-sites that threaten the country.
Tokyo over the past year has been alarmed by North Korea which has tested a slew of ballistic missiles, including some that have flown over Japan.
North Korea's missiles and the "GROWING BELLICOSE BEHAVIOUR" of China show "YOU HAVE TO HAVE A WAY OF DETERRING A POTENTIAL ADVERSARY", the US official said on condition of anonymity.
"THE JAPANESE DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN THE NUCLEAR WEAPONS LANE AND I THINK THAT'S SOMETHING THAT WE WOULD NOT SUPPORT AS WELL, BUT HAVING AN ABILITY TO STRIKE BACK, THAT IS DETERRENCE (WHICH IS)GIVING PEOPLE PAUSE," he said.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies recently released findings from wargames to chart out Chinese invasion of Taiwan and found that Beijing would strike Japanese bases, inflicting heavy losses, although China would ultimately fail to take Taiwan.
China claims Taiwan, a self-governing democracy, as part of its territory and last year 2022 carried out exercises seen as a test-run for an invasion after a defiant visit to Taipei by Nancy Pelosi, then speaker of the United States House of Representatives.
Kishida was signing another significant agreement on Wednesday in London that will allow British troops to deploy in Japan for training and other operations.
>>>READ MORE ARTICLE HERE<<<
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/04/starts-military-drill-on-disputed.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/11/unveil-huge-package-to-address.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/01/putin-warns-biden-against-major.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/03/claims-first-use-of-hypersonic-missile.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/06/iran-vows-revenge-over-killing-of-guard.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/10/on-ukraine-united-nation-chief-says.html
@Jackie San
https://youtu.be/lBraJ_cw1s8
>>>MORE VIDEO JUST CLICK HERE<<<
NEW INDONESIAN CAPITAL IMPERILS ANCIENT EDEN WITH "ECOLOGICAL DISASTER"
BALIKPAPAN, INDONESIAN (JANUARY 06, 2023) : The twisting road that leads to Indoensia's future capital is lined with dense rainforest and pockets of plantations, punctuated every so often with monkeys enjoying a laze out on the tarmac.
Located in eastern Borneo - the world's third-largest island - Nusantara is set to replace sinking and polluted Jakarta as Indonesia's political centre by late 2024.
But the two-hour drive from Balikpapan city to the sweeping green expanse of Nusantara's "POINT ZERO" reveals the scale of the new capital's potential impact on a biodiverse area that is home to thousands of animal and plant species.
With construction set to ramp up this year, environmentalists warn building a metropolis will speed up deforestation in one of the world's largest and oldest stretches of tropical rainforest, estimated to be more than 100 million years old.
" It's going to be a massive ecological disaster," Uli Arta Siagian, forest campaigner for environmental group Walhi, told AFP.
The island that Indonesians call the " LUNGS OF THE WORLD " - shared with Malaysia and Brunei - is home to long-nosed monkeys, clouded leopards, pig-tailed macaques, flying fox-bats and the smallest rhinos on the planet.
But by 2045, the Indonesian government says Nusantara will host 1.9 million residents, more than twice Balikpapan's population, importing a wave of human and industrial activity into the heart of Borneo.
The relocation to the 2,560-square-kilometre (990-square-mile)area follows capital moves by Brazil to Brasilia - considered an urban utopia failure - and Myanmar to the ghost town of Naypyidaw.
Drastic changes to the land's topography and the man-made disasters that could follow " will be severe and far more difficult to mitigate compared to natural disasters," said Siagian.
Indonesia also has one of the world's highest rates of deforestation linked to mining, farming and logging, and is accused of allowing firms to operate in Borneo with little oversight.
The government, however, says it wants to spread economic development - long centred on densely populated Java - around the vast archipelago nation, and to move away from Jakarta before the city sinks due to excessive groundwater extraction.
" WORKING WITH NATURE "
Indonesian President Joko Widodo has pitched a utopian vision of a " GREEN " city four times the size of Jakarta where residents would commute on electric buses.
His city authority chief, Bambang Susantono, presented the initial plan to journalists in mid-December, pledging carbon neutrality by 2045 in what he dubbed the world's first-ever sustainable forest city.
Architect Sofian Sibarani is in charge of creating a master plan for the new city, outlining everything from road maps to a transit system. He insisted that his plan envisaged " MINIMUM CHANGES TO THE ENVIRONMENT ".
Sibarani spoke of a metropolis that appears out of the jungle, rather than replaces it.
" We are trying to create ( a city that is ) working with nature instead of working against it," he said.
Initial projects include a parliament, workers' homes, a dam, a grand mosque and a presidential palace shaped as the towering mythical bird Garuda.
Experts including Sibarani, however have warned authorities against breakneck building.
" My concern is if you rush this, we may compromise, " he said.
"ERASED OUR TRACES"
Nusantara could also displace generations-old Indigenous communities.
Sibukin, a local Indigenous Balik tribe leader who goes by one name, sat in a wooden house on land marked for the city as he expressed fears the development will drive away his people.
Like other Indigenous groups in Borneo, thousands of Balik tribe members rely on the forest to meet their daily needs.
More than 90 percent of the forest the tribe uses for hunting and foraging has already been lost to commercial activity since the 1970s, Sibukdin said.
A nearby tribal cemetery was demolished because of the dam project, leaving him " HEARTBROKEN ".
" It erased our traces, " he said.
While officials have vowed to respect Indigenous rights and compensate those affected by Nusantara, provincial officials said they would verify all land claims and only accept ownership proof.
Sibukdin said not all Balik tribe areas had been formally recognised.
" When the new capital comes, where else can we go?" he asked.
THREAT TO ANIMALS
While Susantono said the first stage would be finished by next year, the city will not be completed for decades.
The project will cost 466 trillion rupiah ($30 billion), with taxpayer money expected to cover about 20 percent, according to a government estimate.
Jakarta has been wooing potential investors, including Saudi Arabia and China, with hefty tax breaks to cover the cost.
It has secured the backing of three property developers to fund housing worth 41 trillion rupiah ($2.6 billion), Nusantara authority secretary Achmad Adiwijaya told AFP.
But funding has proven elusive, with few commitments announced. Japanese tech conglomerate SoftBank pulled its backing for the project in March without elaborating.
That lef Indonesia with an uphill battle to swiftly relocate and find the money to open Nusantara's doors by the time Widodo leaves office, raising fears Jakarta could cut corners.
Eka Permanasari, urban design professor at Monash University Indonesia, warned that there was still a lot of " HOMEWORK THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE".
Life is already changing for those worse for some of the area's animal inhabitants.
At an orangutan sanctuary home to around 120 apes on land marked for Nusantara's future expansion, illegal encroachments have intensified since the capital's location was announced.
" Mines, land speculators, they encroach on our place, " said Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation (BOSF) chief executive Jamartin Sihite.
Around 40 percent of the BOSF-run sanctuary's 1,800-hectare reforested areas has been damaged in recent years, including by an illicit mine built there, Sihite said.
The rise in activity threatens all sorts of animals and vegetation in this ancient forest.
Agus Bei, who runs a mangrove reserve, warned cutting down these green stretches for profit would leave an indelible mark.
" The next generation will only be able to hear about their stories," he said, standing in the shade of the mangrove trees he protects.
>>>READ MORE ARTICLE HERE<<<
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/04/indonesias-unusual-pitch-raises.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/05/introduce-new-submarine-soon-and-it.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/06/us-will-end-covid-19-testing.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/08/helping-ex-drug-offenders-get-tested.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/09/why-genomic-research-makes-malaysian.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2023/01/launches-3rd-grassroots-innovation.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/10/blog-post.html
@Jackie San
https://youtu.be/NcSZvNNTBO4
>>>MORE VIDEO JUST CLICK HERE<<<
PM TO MEET SABAH LEADERS NEXT WEEK AS STATE GOVERNMENT ON BRINK OF COLLAPSE
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR (JANUARY 07, 2023) :Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim said today he will meet political leaders from Sabah next week as the state leadership crisis drags on despite his earlier claim that everything is calm.
" God willing I will give special attention to the development (in Sabah) after I return from Jakarta, Indonesia " he told reporters after chairing Pakatan Harapan (PH) presidential council meeting at PKR headquarters here.
Anwar is scheduled to visit Jakarta, Indonesia from tomorrow to Monday.
He said that he had talked to Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor while deputy Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi did so will Sabah UMNO chief Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin.
He said both of them are satisfied things are still in control.
" The situation is under control for a while and God willing we can make sure that state management is not affected and our priority is to take care of the economy and the interests of the people," he said.
It was reported that UMNO assemblymen led by Bung Mokhtar and Warisan led by Datuk Seri Shafie Apdal had joined forces to oust Hajiji, claiming he had lost his majority following the latter's departure from Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia.
Earlier today, Shafie said the issue started when Hajiji publicly announced that he and his assemblymen were leaving Bersatu en masse to form a new party and become direct members of the Gabungan Rakyat Sabah (GRS) coalition.
However, seven Sabah PH state assemblymen released a statement that they will support Hajiji, followed by five out of 17 UMNO-Barisan Nasional counterparts.
The five, led by State Minister Community Development and People's Wellbeing Datuk Ir Shahelmey Yahya also blamed the matter on Bung Mokhtar, calling for his resignation as Sabah UMNO chief for trying to take down the legitimate Sabah Government.
At the moment, Warisan has 19 seats, while UMNO-Barisan Nasional has 17 seats, making the total of both 36 seats out of the 79 seats that are available now, including six seats for the Appointed Assemblyman.
That amount is not enough without the support of other parties, especially PH which has seven state assembly seats.
Meanwhile, GRS currently has 29 seats, 15 of which are former members of Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (BERSATU), seven from Parti Bersatu Sabah (PBS), six from Parti Solidariti Tanah Airku (STAR) and one from Parti Maju Sabah (SAPP).
>>>READ MORE ARTICLE HERE<<<
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/10/strong-winds-rough-seas-expected-to-hit.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/11/fresh-face-gabungan-rakyat-sabah-grs.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/11/perikatan-nasionals-nominate-me-as-pm.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/11/zahid-warn-dont-belittle-others-in.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/12/ge15-delays-add-drama.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/12/closer-federal-sarawak-relations-under.html
https://youtu.be/-klX_djGTYI
>>>MORE VIDEO JUST CLICK HERE<<<
ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY STEALING ITEMS BELONGING TO BATANG KALI LANDSLIDE VICTIMS - CIVIL SERVANT
KUALA LUMPUR (JANUARY 08, 2023) :A civil servant has been arrested by the police for allegedly stealing items belonging to victims of the landslide tragedy at the Father's Organic Farm campsite, Gohtong Jaya, Batang Kali, last December 16, 2022.
Acting Selangor police chief Datuk S. Sasikala Devi said the 27-year-old suspect was arrested in the Klang Vally on Friday.
" During the arrest, the police confiscated items believed to belong to the victims of the landslide," she told a press conference here yesterday.
Sasikala said the police would apply for an order to remand the suspect for investigation under Section 379 of the Penal Code.
Prior to this, Hulu Selangor district police chief Supt Suffian Abdullah informed that the police detected a post on Facebook believed to have been made by a family member of one of the landslide victims, claiming that there were irresponsible individuals using a Touch 'n Go card belonging to one of the victims.
The landslide tragedy that occurred at 2.46am claimed 31 lives, 12 of whom were children and a one-year-old baby boy. A total of 61 victims were reported to have survived the incident.
>>>READ MORE ARTICLE HERE<<<
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/12/searching-for-victims-in-batang-kali.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/12/rm147mil-to-fix-damaged-slope.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2022/12/batang-kali-landslide-more-victims.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2023/01/death-toll-from-cambodia-casino-fire.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2023/01/ousted-myanmar-leader-suu-kyi-jailed.html
https://www.jacknjillscute.com/2023/01/indonesia-will-formally-chair-asean.html
@Jackie San
https://youtu.be/tDPcxheJ-YU
>>>MORE VIDEO JUST CLICK HERE<<<
VIRAL - JAPAN AT NUCLEAR CROSSROADS 80 YEARS AFTER A-BOMBINGS AS SURVIROS AGE - NAGASAKI JAPAN @Jr_Paku Midin Channel NAGASAKI Eighty years ...